Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I am playing along... eight things.

I am playing along with Jill and Jamie... enjoy, my next post should be published sometime in early August.

8 things I am looking forward to:
1. Summer... I have decided not to work this year.
2. Saturday morning, sleeping in... just a little... past 5:30, anyway.
3. Spending time more time with good friends.
4. A huge garage sale this summer... I want this junk out of my house!
5. Taking my girls to swimming lessons.
6. Having a clean house... will that ever happen.
7. Reading more... without falling asleep.
8. The day my girls no longer need me to help them brush their teeth.

8 things I did yesterday:
1. Taught a classroom full of children who have apparently been stricken with an acute case of Spring Fever.
2. A load and a half of laundry.
3. Unsuccessfully tried to figure out why my sprinkler system is not working...ugh!
4. Made dinner.
5. Bathed my girls.
6. Cleaned a bathroom.
7. Read stories.
8. Worked on next weeks Sunday School lesson.

8 things I wish I could do: In no particular order....
1. Work less
2. Play more
3. Be free of driving anxiety.
4. Enjoy yard work... I would love to have a garden.
5. Find the perfect, stylish, low maintenance hair style.
6. Decorate my bedroom... stole this one from you Jamie. I would love to have a bedroom that looked like a grown up room.
7. Have more patience with my own children... too many days I feel like all my patience is spent on other peoples children.
8. Lose thirty pounds.

8 shows I watch:
1. John and Kate Plus Eight
2. American Idol
3. Those really are the only shows that I watch consistently... but, I also watch
4. other random shows on TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV. I just never can remember what
5. comes on when.
6.
7.
8.

8 people I tag:
1. Meme
2. stops
3. here...
4. no one
5. reads
6. my
7. blog.
8. :)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow...you posted! You really should warn me first, I almost fainted when I saw your name on the top of Jill's list.

I really think you should do a little gardening this year. Just do a few containers...I think you would enjoy it!

Jill said...

Yea! You made me so happy this morning when I saw you blogged! And look Jamie and I ran right over to read your stimulating post.

I am with Jamie on the gardening thing. Do strawberries, carrots, radishes, lettuce and easy things like that. Your girls would love it!!

I am hoping that I am one of the friends you will spend more time with ;o)

Wendi said...

I am glad you get to take the summer off, how fun!


I can't believe you do not watch Survivor, we will have to suck you into the next season so you can join our survivor partys....lol

Nice to see you blogging again

Leslie said...

People do too read your blog! They are always worthy. BTW...thank you for all the study, work and prayer you put in to teaching our precious girls in Sunday School. This mom appreciates you a lot.

Carol said...

It is almost the last week of August, so your next post is late..... I'm justsayin! =)